Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Experiencing Nothing

What I experience in my everyday experience is what I have in consciousness. For instance, if I were experiencing a “green” consciousness, my attention will be drawn to all that is green. In the same way I know my Real Self to be “Nothing.” By Nothing I mean no thing, that which has no limits, cannot be labelled and is infinite. A thing in my reality is that which has forms and is limited.

It’s a bit like what St Paul talks about:

"…henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." (2 Corinthians 5: 16)
The flesh is that which is limited, has identity and is mortal.

I was going into town this morning and used the long bus ride as an opportunity to meditate on Nothing.

I see no thing i.e. I see no labels or identity, no limits nor judge anything as having form

I hear no thing
I feel no thing
I taste no thing
I smell no thing
I know no thing
I am no thing

On the bus we hit heavy traffic and the bus was crawling along. A couple behind me were complaining about the traffic. I in the meantime was mentally chanting my mantra “I see no thing.” In the blink of an eye the traffic melted away.

I had also been experiencing pain in my joints. “I feel no thing.” Again it melted instantly.

When I got off the bus I was about to cross a road laden with traffic and didn’t fancy using the lights so I thought “I see no thing.” A space instantly appeared right where I was standing so I was able to hop across.

I find that the mantra is only a game. I don’t need to say it; just knowing with conviction that “I am no thing” is enough. And my experiences are nothing.

Have a nothing day i.e. that which is boundless and unlimited

Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings