Vector8 Journals

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

When Life Imitates Mosaic Art

“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.” (Ecclesiastes 1: 9)

“I promise you, I have no idea how I do it. It just happens.” (Uri Geller)
I had a thought yesterday that life is like mosaic art, forever in a process of creation. I had an idea to go browsing at a particular bookshop. There is a bigger branch in Oxford Street and a smaller branch down the road, which in my view has more comfortable chairs. What swung it for me was the smaller branch was only a few doors away from a shop where I could get a bar of chocolate. You always have to follow your joy in all matters.

At the bookshop I picked up a biography of Uri Geller by Jonathan Margolis. Geller is a man I find very interesting. He is renowned for bending spoons, with his mind and other telekinetic activities. I looked around for a comfy chair but they were all taken. I had an idea that I should walk to the other side of the floor. I found a vacant chair, the type I liked. I read for about an hour, had a shut-eye, then my attention was drawn to some books on the table in front of me. Someone had left four books about mosaic art. I picked up one called “The Mosaic Sourcebook.” It’s incredible how you only need to put out the intent, for the universe to rearrange itself to match that intent!

I believe the way the universe rearranges itself can be compared to mosaic art. The artist puts bits of material together to create a new form. According to the mosaic art books, you can use shards of glass, pottery, ceramics, terracotta, beads…the list is endless. It’s exactly like creation when your intent calls upon the building forms to create anew. My skin reminds me of mosaic art, where the cells can rearrange themselves according to my beliefs.

From what I got from browsing the mosaic art books, there are four processes involved in creating this kind of art:

First, you need a template. You need to have an idea what you’re working with. Are you creating a mosaic cat, or a mug? You need to be very specific.

Second, you need the right material to create the mosaic images.

Third, you need to have the knowledge of how to work with the material and how to arrange the fragments to create the final image.

Fourth, you need to trust in the process; the process takes as long as it takes.

In the same way, as the Inner Voice tells me, to create one needs a template. For instance if you’re going to create the life you want you need a template to work with. We usually understand the original template (or blueprint) to be our God-self, who is perfection, love, beauty, truth, bliss, abundance etc. In addition to this, I also have an idea about the type of idea of God I wish to project as my individual presence, which includes physical attributes. The template remains the same. I like to think there is an Enocia blueprint I am working with.

It is also my understanding that within the realm of infinite potential, there are blueprints for every form. Let’s take the domestic dog as an example. We now have many types of dog pedigrees. While dogs come in all shapes and sizes, a dog is a dog is a dog. In other words, the doggy blueprint is the same - a four legged creature that barks and likes sniffing at things. There are also templates for forms we can’t even conceive, yet they exist as ideas. No wonder Jesus said “with God all things are possible!”

The materials needed to create is of course an important ingredient. You call forth the substance of infinite potential and command that it fills the template you have in mind.

Another part of creation is the intelligence that knows how to put things together. This intelligence also knows what the final product looks like.

I believe there is the One Intelligence creating, which I call Infinity. It is Infinity that holds the blueprint/ideas for all forms; it is Infinity that is the substance of all forms; and it is Infinity that is the intelligence creating all forms. Since Infinity is all knowing, all you need to do is trust that It knows what It is doing.

Since I am a “child” of Infinity, it means it is I who is creating the forms. I am the art, the artist and the process involved. While I may not always be fully conscious of the process from a human perspective, I only need to trust in the process and let it happen.

I am Mosaic Art,
Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings