Vector8 Journals

Friday, November 12, 2004

Ask and You Will Receive

I'm munching away
enjoying the salty
flavour of the crisps.
My eyes are fixed on a book
borrowed from the shelf.

You appear in a flash
of a smile too tempting
for me to ignore.
You would like to share
my bag of crisps.

I pass you a crisp
and, with a toothy grin,
you disappear;
no doubt on your
own literary quest.

Soon you are back
for another crispy helping.
The man beside you
grins apologetically
at your effrontery.

"I don't mind sharing,"
I say to your friend.
"It's a pleasure to meet
someone who knows
to ask is to receive."

I wonder though
whether your charm
works with all the ladies?
Do all women swoon
at your audacity?

You toddle away,
crisp held aloft,
two admirers right behind you.
There goes a man
who wants and he gets!

A word to the wise
my charismatic friend.
Next time you intend to charm
some food off someone,
the least you can do
is learn to speak.

Enocia

For other writings see
  • Vector8 writings


  •