Vector8 Journals

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Creation is a Reaction to What Already Is

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1: 9)
"God's laws are changeless, the same as they have ever been. While they are immutable, they are beneficent, for they are good. When we live in conformity to them, they become the very foundation stones on which we build our health, our happiness, our peace and poise, our success and attainment. If we abide fully in God's law, no evil can befall us. We do not need to be healed. We are every whit whole.” Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East, Volume 1
"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1: 3)
Everything you see around you exists as perfect ideas within the formless state. All future inventions already exist in a state of formlessness as ideas. In order for the formless to be made manifest as form, it is a matter of letting it unfold. I believe my identity is the Formless, therefore, life is an ongoing process of expressing what I already am, what we all are, as the Formless

Why stress yourself trying to create something new? Have you noticed when you take away the letter "e" from the word “create” you get the anagram “react?” Creating something is reacting to what already exists.

An artist appears to be creating a painting from scratch, but what he is doing is bringing forth what already exists as ideas into form. But if the artist believes he is creating the art, then he is reacting/fighting against his true nature that is effortless. This is why some artists and writers talk about "blocks." How can you be ever be "blocked" when you are expressing what already exists?

It is the same reaction to our effortless Self as Source which results in sickness, pain and suffering. Why not let the Perfection that you are come forth, which manifests as radiant health, eternal youth beauty, perfect skin, etc according to your ideals? We have got so used to doing things our way.

There is an ad for constipation right now on television. It says something like: "When you had constipation, did you hope it would just go away by itself or did you take something for the constipation?" I have tried both ways - doing something and doing nothing. The "doing nothing" part was the most challenging. Both choices happened for me as different stages of realisations.

At first, I identified myself as my material body. So it was perfectly natural that I would believe that a material body needed fixing by material means. When I was sick I went to the doctor or saw alternative practitioners. When I was lacking in energy I ate food or took tablets.

Then I realised that my body was a projection of my mind. I was therefore responsible for my body because of the beliefs I had about reality. I had to be very vigilant about the thoughts I had. I did all I could to keep my body in harmony by thinking harmonious thoughts. Being vigilant against "negative" thoughts felt like a never-ending battle. Surely, there had to be an easier way?

I then realised that my body is a projection of Mind, not my mind, not someone else's mind, but of Mind. Jesus says:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)
I believe Jesus is referring to Mind, which is the one and only medium through which the Formless takes form. The nature of Mind is Harmony. Therefore, Harmony has to manifest as a body, life and affairs that are always in perfect harmony when you trust Harmony to express Itself.

Hang on a minute! If there is no such thing as creation, which is a reaction to what already exists, this must surely mean that I don't need to do anything? I only need to realise that all is an expression of Mind. I only need to let Mind express as me. How simple is that? Nah! Can life be that simple? Can it?

I am realising that the human experience has things in reverse. In Reality, I am supposed to let Perfection express Itself. If I have to take tablets and help Perfection along the way, I’m presuming I know more than Perfection. This is how most of us having a human experience have been programmed; doing things My Way like the Frank Sinatra song.

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way! My Way
The above lyrics is an epitome of my life. I started off believing in my own power and worth and where did that get me? Not very far, with lots of headaches to boot.

When I tried to do things my way, I was trying to create something new, which is impossible. If you are creating what is not of Mind, you're bound to create something alien manifesting as all manner of diseases and disasters that are abound. But hey, this is what freewill is about, right? You make your choices, you learn from your choices, you try again and you keep on keeping on. There are no regrets only learning lots of lessons. It's all part of identifying oneself as human; all part and parcel of reacting to your nature as Spirit.

And then I wake up and realise that my real Self is the Formless taking forms through Mind. I realise that what Mind did not create is a figment of the imagination, a waking "dream," which has no substance or reality. I then relax and let Mind do what It does best. I let Mind express what already Is for eternity.

I relax and enjoy the journey of expression.

Now that sounds good to me.

I am Expression,
Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings