Vector8 Journals

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

How We Can Be Each Other's Guides

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4: 24)
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." (Hebrews 11: 1; 3)
"For in him we live, and move, and have our being." (Acts 17: 28)
This morning, my mother asked me the following question.

"It's so easy to trust in the bus driver to take me to my destination or to trust in the weather forecast. Why is it so difficult to trust in God?"
"Because we can't see what is Spirit. It's easy to believe in something you can experience through your senses than what you can't see."

Later, I accompanied my mother to the local hospital to have a blood test. In preparation, she had not eaten since last night. As we walked through the hospital grounds, she said she felt dizzy from hunger. For a few seconds I held her arm then I advised her to let the Spirit, the God that she believes in, walk her. I let go of her arm. The dizziness left her.

In my own personal experience, I have to remember that Spirit is my life. I either start the day realising that Spirit is in charge, be in stillness or whenever I can, I acknowledge that Spirit is all there is. You see what happens when I acknowledge Spirit as life is my body is Spirit and is therefore not under the law of mortal mind of disease and pain. This is how one can achieve healing in an instant.

Isn't it wonderful that it doesn't matter what your thoughts or beliefs were a second ago, or how long you've been studying truth teachings? You can trust in the Spirit Now. As Paul puts it:

"Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6: 2)
Charles Fillmore, co-founder of Unity, acknowledges that healing by the Holy Spirit is instant compared to the slow process of truth realisation.

Do not regard the Holy Spirit altogether as a restorative principle without feeling, sympathy or love. This reduces your healing method to intellectual logic and the slow process of mental science. Under this method the patient must always be educated in Truth principles before he can be healed. No instantaneous healing ever takes place under this method. The Holy Spirit is sympathetic, comforting, loving, forgiving and instantly healing. (Jesus Christ Heals by Charles Fillmore, p. 183)
Since I've got into the habit of seeing myself as material, I need to constantly remember that I am Spirit. It's that simple - remember that all is Spirit, all is Love and let Spirit do the work.

In these times of uncertainty for many who have been affected by the Tsunami in Asia, maybe those who are used to trusting in the Spirit can be each other's guides. I'm not suggesting that people go round telling others how to live but by reminding others to trust/be God, Allah, Krishna, Buddha, Mind, Source, Spirit, Love, Inner Silence, Stillness - whatever one's belief is. Let people cease to look towards forms, people or things but to the invisible. While what we seek may manifest as forms, let us remember, to look to the invisible realm to meet all our needs.

My idea of a guide is to meet people where they are. I accept my mother's beliefs in medicine so I accompanied her to the hospital. I can only remind her to always trust in God. How her need is met is none of my concern.

A guide could remind another to either be still and know who s/he is, or to trust in Spirit (God, Allah, Krishna, Buddha, Mind, Source, Spirit, Love, Inner Silence, Stillnes) for

Spirit is Reality
Spirit is Truth
Spirit is Love
Spirit is Supply
Spirit is Harmony
Spirit is Peace
Spirit is Life

I am Spirit,
Enocia

For other writings see
Vector8 writings