Vector8 Journals

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Its No Big Deal!

Every new experience I have had, I've gone from feeling a sense of wonder to appreciation and then indifference. In other words, when an experience becomes a habit, it makes it feel natural; and when it's natural, I feel indifferent. I believe habit is the key to experiencing "miracles."

I was born in London but when I was four years old, I went with my mother and two brothers to live with relatives in Freetown, Sierra Leone. I returned to the UK when I was 16.

Coming to London was like moving to another reality. I had no memory of my previous life in London so it felt like I was experiencing life in the West for the first time. I was amazed at the escalators. How does one get on a moving stair? As for getting off the escalator, that was the biggest mystery. Then we got on a train from Gatwick airport to London. We didn't have trains in Freetown, so it was exciting being on a train for the first time. It moved so fast!

At Victoria, we got on the tube (underground train), which was another sense of amazement. How can people travel underground and not feel scared? In my opinion, the tube was moving at the speed of light. We arrived at our destination in no time.

And people moved to fast. Now you see me, now you don't! What's the hurry?

I was astounded at seeing so many different nationalities in the one city and how they all seemed to get along so well. As for the English people spoke, I didn't have a clue half the time what people were saying. They used words I'd never come across. I only knew the Queen's English. It took me a while to get used to the speed, dialects, colloquialisms and slangs. Cor blimey guv'nor!

London seemed so vast and everywhere looked the same. I thought I would never be able to find my way around London.

The biggest wonder was seeing my mother again. She'd been living in the UK for 6 years so I was getting to know her all over again. To me, she was this perfect Goddess who manifested clothes and shoes from the sky. Fantasy and reality clashed somehow! Bless her! At least my dream of living in London with my beloved mother had come true.

In no time, I got used to the new way of life. Everything felt natural and I lost my sense of wonder. From time to time, I come across new inventions like the Internet, emails, CDs, travelling on buses and, for a moment, I'm back to feeling marvel. Then habit kicks in! It's no big deal! Yawn!

When I became aware of Universal Energy, I was amazed how we can live in an ocean of Energy and not be aware of it. I remember praying for my mother after she'd sprained her ankle. I believed so much in Source, I told her to get out of the chair and walk. She did and she was instantly healed. It was wonderful. I'm back to thinking, it's no big deal. Source is my natural state of being; Source is omnipotent, therefore, "miracles" are perfectly natural. Another big yawn!

I believe habit is the key to experiencing "miracles" because they make things seem natural, and there is no fear about "out-of-the-ordinary" experiences.

I expect to see greater inventions in technology and better ways to experience life. Most of all, I expect to experience greater "miracles" from Source.

Do you hear me, Universal Intelligence? I expect so see greater works than I see now!

Miracles!?! It's no big deal! Yawn!

With appreciation and a healthy dose of indifference,
I am Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings