Vector8 Journals

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Life is a Roller-coaster

So don't fight it
Life is a roller-coaster
Just gotta ride it Ronan Keating
Have you ever been on a roller-coaster ride at a theme park? I have. I think they are terrific. The scariest ride I ever had was at Alton Towers in the north of England. It is called Nemesis. Part of this ride, you're hanging upside down screaming your head off, at least I was. The ride probably lasted for a minute but it felt like eternity. I was terrified and yet thrilled. I felt better for scaring myself witless.

Isn't it strange that we could put ourselves in situations to experience fear, just for the hell of it? It's like watching a horror movie. I find when I totally immerse myself in the movie, I'm terrified. If I don't want to get scared, I tell myself it's only a movie and that the plot is stupid, then I don't feel anything. After a while I lose interest.

Putting yourself in situations to experience the emotions is a bit like life to me. The thing about life is you can easily forget that you've put yourself in a particular situation to experience what it feels like, to learn a lesson, or whatever scheme you've dreamed up. It's no use blaming the effect for making you scared. I didn't blame Nemesis for making me so scared I wanted to throw up because I chose to be on that ride.

I chose to experience life on earth. I choose the experiences I'm going through. If I don't like the look of the ride, I don't get on it. Or if I get on it, I have fun with it, knowing that it's not real and only lasts for a short time.

Life is like a roller-coaster ride. You choose it to experience fear, sadness, anger, joy, adventure, thrills, passion, or whatever.

Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride!

Squeal! Screech! Laughter! Thrill!

Love Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings