Vector8 Journals

Friday, December 10, 2004

Mr Nobody!

When I was a child and somebody had done something wrong and not admitted to their error, we used to say "Mr Nobody" did it. Mr Nobody was my saviour! Poor Mr Nobody takes the flack for everything. (smile)

Now that I know how to arm myself with my cloaking technology to make myself invisible, maybe I should become Mr Nobody. Read the poem and you'll see what I'm talking about. Oh, what fun!

The website claims they don't know who wrote the poem. Why doesn't that surprise me? Mr Nobody wrote it of course.

Love to all,
Enocia


Mr Nobody

Mr Nobody lives at our house...I wonder.....does he live at yours too???

I know a funny little man,
As quiet as a mouse,
Who does the mischief that is done
In everybody's house!
There's no one ever sees his face,
And yet we all agree
That every plate we break was cracked
By Mr Nobody.

'Tis he who always tears our books,
Who leaves the door ajar,
He pulls the buttons from our shirts,
And Scatters pins afar;
That squeaking door will always squeak,
For, Friend, don't you see,
We leave the oiling to be done
By Mr Nobody.

He puts damp wood upon the fire,
That kettles cannot boil;
His are the feet that bring in the mud,
And all the carpets soil.
The papers always are mislaid,
Who had them last but he?
There's not one tosses them about
But Mr Nobody.

The finger marks upon the door
By none of us are made;
We never leave the blinds unclosed,
to let the curtains fade;
The ink we never spill; the boots
That lying around you see
Are not our boots; they all belong
To Mr Nobody!

****************

Note:
We can't find any reference at all to the author of this poem, so we can't give them credit...If you know who it was, Please let us know.

Source: Mr Nobody