Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Universe is Superabundant

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us." (Ephesians 3: 20)

Well, what do you know, I had another realisation this morning! Guess where? On the bus, of course!

I'm on the bus. I notice a silver car in the next lane, shaped like a Porsche 911, and even looks like it, but it isn't. I don't know what make the car is, nor do I know much about cars. I only know the Porsche 911, Ferrari and Jaguar XJS. I think the car is cute and I wish it will slow down so I can get a proper look. The car speeds up and leaves us behind at a bus stop. Oh well, c'est la vie on the fast lane!

The journey continues. I've completely forgotten about the car and have my eyes closed. Then I have an urge to open it and look to my right. There, parked in front of a building, is a similar car. I know it's not the same car but it looks exactly like the one I was admiring earlier. Another car races by on the next lane. It is silver and looks like the same car. Several similar looking silver cars appear, as if they all want to be admired. In that short space of time, I'm inundated with five similar cars. There are even counterfeit versions that are silver but not the same shape, but they all wish to be admired. I get off the bus one stop earlier than usual so I can visit the local shop. On my way from the shop, a silver Porsche 911 speeds right by me. Enough already, Mr-Mrs Universe, I get the message!

The array of silver cars this morning represents the superabundant Universe. The cars are also a reminder that I should never get attached to one way of doing or having. The Universe is ready to pour out in superabundance whatever I ask for, but if I'm attached to the one way of having, I'm not going to be open to others. It's like when people get attached to someone in a relationship and the relationship ends. You convince yourself that your partner was your soul-mate and there are very few of them around compatible with you. You believe you'll never love again. I've done the same. Give the Universe some credit! While people are unique, it doesn't mean I can only have one type of relationship. Someone else can be just as loveable, delightful and fun. Besides, the Universe can produce someone with a similar personality who even looks the same, if that is what you prefer.

I was once temping at a company and noticed this woman staring at me. When I asked her why, she said the week before my double had been working for the same company. She said my double was even interested in the same kind of stuff I was. That makes me feel so much better. If I've broken any man's heart, there's always my double to pick up the pieces. LOL!

The Universe is superabundant. Why should I attach myself to one way of experiencing life when there are so many? It all boils down again to whether I identify myself as the personality which views reality in a limited way; or as the Universe itself. As the Universe, I am capable of giving myself myriads of ways of experiencing life. I simply need to trust in the Universe.

I am the Superabundant Universe,
Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings