Vector8 Journals

Monday, December 27, 2004

What is Guidance?

"Compared with audible language, communion in mind can be said to be without sound. It is the "still small voice," the voice that is not a voice, the voice using words that are not words. Yet its language is more definite and certain than that of words and sounds, because it has none of their limitations. Words and sounds are attempts to convey a description of emotions and feelings, while by the language of mind emotions and feelings are conveyed direct. But again you must transcend what you understand as emotion and feeling in order to interpret the language of God. This is not hard. It is your natural language, and you need only return to your pristine state of purity to achieve it entirely." (from: Jesus Christ Heals by Charles Fillmore, p.33)
Anyone who has experienced meditation will know that you eventually arrive at a place of pure silence, pure bliss. With practise, this state of inner silence stays with you during your "waking" hours. I have found Inner Silence has a sound but not like a physical sound I know. The best way I've heard it described, that comes close to my experience, is as follows:

"Quantum objects become increasingly granular or refined until they become pure light energy and cease to have mass. They are not of physical reality, but rather of a pure-state energy. This energy is further segmented into octaves of vibration. In other words, this light energy vibrates, and just like music, there are fundamentals and harmonics. The harmonics resonate with the fundamental energy vibration and the whole energy packet sings like a choir--except its voice is light. Wingmakers
This singing is the Voice of Source. You cannot use words or senses to describe this state, it is unconditioned. Even when I don't always hear it or I'm busy with worldly stuff, I'm always aware it exists for I know it is what underlies all forms. I know that when I have a problem, all I need do is listen to this "song" and the answers are there. I only need to listen and know that I have received all I need to know because the answer in its entirety is already present. The moment I attempt to put this into words, I'm attempting to limit the unlimited.

What then is spiritual guidance? I hear people talking about "guides" and the inner voice. I have also written in the past about the inner voice. I believe the inner voice is my inner self trying to make sense of the infinite Mind. Even that voice is flawed. To get the full meaning is to go beyond words and listen, not in the human sense of using ears, but listening with awareness. The sound I hear like the "voice of light" is awareness. It's funny because I can hear that sound while still hearing my thoughts trying to make sense of the world. This "voice of light" goes on non-stop, forever.

The only guidance I believe we all have is the stillness, whether you hear it as a sound or not. The stillness is complete. The stillness is infinite. The stillness is unconditioned. Imagine trying to sort out something based on your limited awareness. Why not be still and know yourself as this silence then let its unlimited knowing appear as the solution. I have written in an article called Creation is a Reaction to What Already Is that everything already exists as formless ideas. The Stillness is the formless. When we let it happen and connect to this stillness, it will manifest in form what already exist as formless.

The solution to any problem we have ever imagined lies in the following statement:

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46: 10)
Can't say more than that.

I am Silence,
Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings