Vector8 Journals

Monday, December 06, 2004

Whatever You Love, Loves You Back!

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. (Psalm 37: 4-5)

My mother loves shoes. She's always buying shoes or going window-shopping to look at shoes. I can remember as a child admiring her in her beautiful outfits with matching shoes and handbag. My mother always looks beautiful and elegant!

Mum shared a story that happened a long time ago - in the 80s. I'm going to write from my mother's perspective.

I was walking by a shoe shop. Their shoes are usually very expensive but there's no harm in looking. I noticed these beige shoes with coloured stripes on the side. They were so beautiful! I could see myself wearing them to church and I knew they were going to match many of my outfits. God, they're gorgeous! I checked the price label, £75! That's a lot of money! Can I afford to spend so much money when I've got other responsibilities. A sales assistant asked me whether I wanted to try them on. I said no. It's no use tempting myself when I can't afford them. I'm going to have to pass on them, besides I've got lots of shoes at home. Maybe I could treat myself. No, I musn't! My decision is made and that's that.

For weeks, whenever I walked past the shop, I would gaze longingly at my beautiful shoes still on display. It was as if they were calling out to me, "Buy me! Buy me!" I can't. I have to be strong. As much as I love you, I have to let you go.

One day, I walked by the same shoe shop and noticed they had a sale. I might as well have a look and see what they've got. My heart skipped a bit, on the shelf was one half of my beautiful shoes, the last one. And it was in my size! Now that it's half prize I can afford it. I checked the price label and got a bigger surprise - the price had been further reduced from £35 to £15. I asked the sales assistant for the other half. I tried them on and they fitted perfectly like a glove. Hallelujah, thank you Jesus!

I wore them to church the next Sunday.

Mum said she was so grateful for having her dream come true. She eventually gave them away after she'd thoroughly enjoyed them.

Whatever you love, loves you back. Trust Universal Energy to make things happen and it will happen.

Thank you mum for sharing your story.

All my love,
Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings