Vector8 Journals

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

In a Causeless Realm

“For infinity, the only worthwhile enterprise of a warrior is freedom. Any other enterprise is fraudulent.” (Don Juan, The Active Side of Infinity by Carlos Castaneda)
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” (Hebrews 13: 8)
In Ultimate Reality there is no cause and effect because Source Reality has no beginning or end. It is consciousness, that which is forever, is now and without end. In other words, all things simply are.

Ultimate Reality is like being invited to a feast. Everybody is invited to this feast. The host has taken special care to have everyone's needs and preferences met. One's needs and preferences are the equivalent of what makes one unique, yet everyone is equal. All everyone need do is show up.

Now, when I say "all things simply are" I mean only what is of Reality - that is of love, truth, beauty, perfection, harmony, peace, freedom and infinity. As it is written:
"Creation is the sum of all God's Thoughts, in number infinite, and everywhere without all limit. Only love creates, and only like itself. There was no time when all that it created was not there. Nor will there be a time when anything that it created suffers any loss. Forever and forever are God's Thoughts exactly as they were and as they are, unchanged through time and after time is done." (A Course in Miracles)
What is of Ultimate Reality is always in harmony with all for Ultimate Reality cannot be in a battle against Itself. If there is no harmony it is not of Ultimate Reality.

Let's take the recent Tsunami disaster. I read recently, in a newspaper, a list of how much some celebrities have donated to the fund. It's as if it's become a competition to see who will donate the most. How did other people's misery come to this? From this disaster there are going to be many jobs created all claiming they are doing their part to help the victims. There are those who are even saying the disaster happened to teach people about love and how to love one another, which is totally unfounded since in Ultimate Reality, all there is is love. No matter how well-meaning people's intentions are about the Tsunami victims, it will not change the truth that Love is. Even if the manifest universe was to vanish overnight, it will not change the truth that Love is.

The One that is Love is experiencing life as us. Thus, life is unveiling what already exists as formless Reality i.e. love, truth, abundance, peace, freedom and harmony. My part of the plan is to unfold my uniqueness in how I know, feel and experience love. I do this through my love of writing. I don't have to create anything, I just need to be willing to play my part. Everything has already been prepared: the ideas, the computers, the web-blogs and the Internet. All I need do is show up.

Let me give you an example of how Reality unfolds effortlessly. Two days ago I woke up with the song, I Feel Pretty, in my head, which is from the musical West Side Story. Later, I went to the library and I was waiting to use a computer. I picked up Good Housekeeping magazine on the shelf behind me and flicked idly through it.

Earlier, I had been mulling over the idea of the state of no-thoughts/inner silence I've experienced during migraines, which is slightly different from the silence I have in meditation or consciously cultivate. When I have a migraine I lose all sense of who I am as a personality, I only know that I exist. If you were to ask me to work out what 1 + 1 is, I wouldn't know how. I wouldn't even know what the numbers meant. Fortunately, I have learned how to be in that state while still going about my day to day affairs. I have had a migraine and not remembering who my personality is while trying to get home. I have still managed to get home though.

As I flicked through the magazine pages, I came across an article about a man who once had a headache and lost his memory. Now he experiences everything as new. He hasn't forgotten his wife though, he knows that he loves her, but he has no memory of their life together. While the experts claim he had some brain disease, I recognised it immediately as the same experience I have had. Fortunately for me, it didn't go that far. I can now alternate states; thoughtless and thought though the thoughtless is where one would find freedom. The man is already free but he doesn't realise it. (The article is an extract from a book his wife has written called "Forever Today" by Deborah Wearing).

So it would seem I had picked up the magazine at random but it wasn't the case. All was unfolding perfectly. I was standing at the right place and waiting was the right thing for me to be doing at that time. The magazine was brought to my awareness so I would pick it up and find the exact article I was interested in. I even emailed the writer of the article so I could share my experiences with her.

I was so inspired by the article I went into town to see if I could have a closer look at the book or consider buying it at some point. The bookshop didn't have it in stock. I sat down to re-read the magazine article. Then I read an article about things people do while they are dating which made me long for the romantic times I shared with an ex-boyfriend. A man sat beside me reading but I was engrossed in the book I was reading. Then I heard a man singing the song I Feel Pretty. I was amazed. I mentioned to the man beside me that I had been singing the very same song earlier. I found him fun and interesting to talk to. Now get this. The day before, after watching a documentary presented by the magician Derren Brown, it had inspired me to write an article called The Problem With Belief which I posted at his forum. My new friend told me he met Derren Brown a few weeks ago. I got on so well with this man I ended up going out for a meal with him that evening. (See the article There is No Cause).

So as you can see my day started with a kind of preview of things to come. When I heard that man singing the same song, it was as if he was confirming to me that I was "on the beam" as my dear friend would say. This is my reality of the Causeless Realm. Everything is.

It is possible to live in the Causeless Realm while still having an experience as human. However, I need to be alert because one can very easily be deceived by those who live in other realities. Just a few hours ago I was waiting for a bus. A woman beside me complained about how long the bus was taking to arrive. I was tempted to start wondering about the cause of the delay but I simply affirmed that there was no cause. I live in a Causeless Realm. The bus arrived shortly.

When one is drawn into the mortal realm of cause/effect you attract all the dross that comes with it, the fear and uncertainty, conflicting beliefs and lies that go with it. While you might appear to be happy and successful within the mortal realm, if what you are doing is not about expressing freedom, as Don Juan puts it, "Any other enterprise is fraudulent." You might know how to change your world by changing your beliefs, it still doesn't get you out of that world. Within the Causeless Realm, there is no need to change anything. You only need to be the Love that you are and watch as that which is uniquely you is expressed as you. I am reminded of what St Paul has written:
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8: 38-39)
In other words, no false beliefs, doctrines, or theories can separate me from the truth of Ultimate Reality that only Love is real.

Within the Causeless Realm, everything has already been prepared. All I need do is show up and have fun.

I am Causeless,
Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings