Vector8 Journals

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Have you made your new year's resolutions yet? Why not? If you have, have you stuck to them?

We're currently being bombarded with ads reminding people to give up smoking, to make non-smoking a resolution; while smoking manufacturers promoting their anti-smoking products rub their hands with glee. Suckers!

What about the ads for dieting. You've over-indulged over the Christmas holidays so it's time to go on a diet. Another new year's resolution.

And isn't it time you joined the gym? Better still - you know that gym membership you made last year? Make it your resolution to make use of your membership.

Every morning, I see a lovely woman at my bus stop with her two young kids. She's been trying to get her kids to school on time for months now. Yesterday, she told me her new year's resolution is to get them to school on time but the bus drove just right by as she was crossing the road. I didn't expect to see her this morning as I was later than usual. She was there with her daughter. She'd missed her bus again.

That's the thing about resolutions, they are hit and miss. If left to the mind's devices it will let you do the same old same old...until you hand your life over to a "higher Force."

For the last two days I've woken up late, not because of a resolution, but because I've been forgetting to ask Source to wake me up and She's been letting me sleep on. Do I have to do everything around here? I'm learning that with everything I must ask first.

My new year's resolution is...ah forget it. I only need to remember to ask Source.

Have a wonderful year whatever your resolutions.

Love Enocia

For other writings see Vector8 writings