Vector8 Journals

Monday, January 24, 2005

The Realm of No Thoughts

"Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit." (Zechariah 4: 6)

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6: 63)

I'm on a long walk. It's a bitterly cold evening, or so it would seem. I feel my hands getting colder and colder. I could put them in my pockets or wear my gloves but I prefer to try an experiment. Or rather, I'm being guided to try an experiment. What if I were to walk in silence and treat the lashing wind as nothing but thought forms? I am reminded of a few lines from the wonderful Psalm 46:

"The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46: 6; 10)
The cold wind is the heathen raging. When the silence utters His voice, the earth (all thought forms) melt. In the Silence one is exalted; "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." There are no thoughts in Ultimate Reality. There are no thoughts in Spirit. Everything we behold as forms are Spirit in manifestation. When you experience forms for what they are with no thoughts, when you judge nothing, you have stepped into a reality that is pure Spirit.

As I feel the winds whipping my face I remain in silence. The wind loses its texture and its form. I stop feeling sensations. I cannot be sure whether I am hot or cold, I am neither. My hands that were frozen have changed form. The best way to describe them is they've thawed out and yet they are neither hot nor cold.

As I walk in silence I realise that I as Spirit don't care whether I walk for hours or days. It really doesn't matter as walking is as walking does. All is Spirit. I walk for an hour before I arrive at the bus station. I examine my hands again. There is a glow to them; and they feel softer and smoother as if I've applied moisturising cream.

I have another realisation. What makes people age and feel tired are their thoughts. People believe inspired and uplifting thoughts or reading inspirational writings can make you feel powerful. This is only true if the words are received in the Spirit of silence. When you read in silence the original intention behind the words come to life. Why? Because everything comes from the silence. The Silence is Life. At times the intent is lost by language and interpretations. But reading in silence without trying to make sense of what is being read is the equivalent of being in silence. In silence you are able to communicate perfectly as what you are reading is total. It is like seeing every angle of a problem. When you attempt to put silence into words you end up getting parts of the answer instead of the whole. Thus, when one reads in silence one receives the entirety of the teachings of Spirit sans beliefs, sans emotions, sans interpretations. You are reading with your whole being. You are Being.

To "be exalted in the earth" one experiences the world in silence. You observe the world in silence. Whether you are experiencing the weather it is in silence. For the weather is nothing but thoughts of humanity and consensus beliefs about temperature. If I can experience cold as neither hot nor cold, then climatic conditions are nothing but beliefs.

You realise that you've been living in Reality all along. It's simply a matter of shifting perspective:

From a perspective of beliefs, thoughts and power games to one of Spirit and Silence.
From thinking and analysing to being open and listening in the Silence.
From feelings and sensations to awareness as the Silence.
From reacting to situations to accepting situations as they are in Silence.
From belief to understanding in Silence.
From doing to being.

Life is Spirit and Spirit is experienced as the Silence.

I am Silence,
Enocia

Related article: What is Guidance?