Vector8 Journals

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Spirit Man, Natural Man and Gifts of the Spirit

"There was something formless and perfect
before the universe was born.
It is serene. Empty.
Solitary. Unchanging.
Infinite. Eternally present.
It is the mother of the universe.
For lack of a better name,
I call it the Tao.

It flows through all things,
inside and outside, and returns
to the origin of all things." Tao Te Ching, 25
"There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven." (1 Corinthians 15: 44-47)
Imagine if a drop of water in the ocean was to start asking questions about what it is and where it came from. Would that question arise? A drop of water is meaningless in the ocean. Only when a drop is separated from the ocean does it appear as a drop of water. How is a drop of water made manifest? How do you know that the ocean appears to consist of numberless drops of water? By dipping your hand in the ocean and watching them drip from your fingers. If you never dipped your hand in the ocean, would you ever be aware of drops of water? Does a drop of water have existence outside the ocean? Even if the drop had some kind of existence, does it change the nature of the ocean?

What I'm trying to say is that the formless Self/Tao is like the ocean. The question "who am I?" is irrelevant when you are Self. To ask the question is to create a false self outside of Self. Having a false self (or separate self) outside of Self will not change what already is. Self is complete and perfect. My knowledge or ignorance of Self will not change the nature of Self. Just like drops of water will not change the truth that the ocean is.

Self-realisation is acknowledging my identity as the One unchanging Self. Put another way, it is about realising that before the universe was, I am. There is no longer a need to ask "who am I?" There is no need to ask what my part in the plan is. I already know because I am Self. I only need to be who I am.

My actions are the movement of Self. When I am being myself I am being Self. We tend to think that when one has "negative" experiences you are separated from Self; and when we feel connected to Self we have positive experiences, whatever that is. Can this be true when Self is ever present? Surely Self is the same yesterday, today and forever.

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." (Isaiah 43: 2)
Isaiah is saying Self is always present no matter where you are or what you're doing, even if it might seem to be something "negative" as humans define negativity.

OK, so I now have the benefit of hindsight. I now know that when I, the personality who thought she had a separate self, was going through pain and suffering, Self was ever present. Is this new information useful? Does it change what I went through in the past? Of course it does. I now have a different perspective. I know that my real identity, Self, was/is untouched by human suffering because Self is incorruptible Spirit.

Paul has written "There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." Spirit Man is the entire universe in form. Spirit Man has a "spiritual body." There appears to be a natural man who lives in a universe with a "natural body," or is there?

Let's go back to the pain and suffering I experienced in the past, who went through the experience of suffering? It was natural man going through those experiences. Spirit Man was untouched by suffering because He can only express what is like HimSelf. What is not of the Self is nothing; it did not happen.

How can something not happen when I have the scars to prove it? That is because you experienced life as the natural man who goes through disease, suffering, and pain because he believes them to be real. Natural man is programmed with the beliefs that man needs to eat, breathe and sleep in order to survive. Natural man believes the same food that makes him healthy will give him allergies or make him ill. Natural man believes he is his body, emotions and thoughts. Natural man believes his circumstances change according to what he thinks, feels or believes which manifests in his body as sickness or health. Natural man is no more real than the drop of water out of the ocean; or the self believing it had a different identity to the one Self.

Whatever is experienced as a separate self from Self doesn't exist. No matter what the situation, if it was experienced under the belief that you are operating with your own identity as a natural man, it doesn't exist. It never happened.

How can you be so sure of this? I can only speak from experience. When I was a child and involved in a car accident a voice, as clear as day, told me that what I was experiencing wasn't happening - it was all a dream. The voice was the totality of Self. If I had accepted what Self had told me as truth, I would have got up from the ground unaffected, as if the accident had never happened. Unfortunately, I was under the delusion that I was natural man experiencing an accident, which resulted in me having injuries and scars. Nevertheless, the way events unfolded left me in no doubt about the oneness of Self. (see Accident or Omnipresence at Work?)

I have spoken about Spirit Man versus natural man. In truth there is no natural man. Natural man is simply Spirit Man dreaming he is natural man. Natural man is Spirit Man dreaming he's a drop of water in the ocean when he is already the ocean. Natural man is Spirit Man forgetting he is the totality of Self. When one is "awake" one realises he is and always is Spirit Man. Spirit Man realises that natural man is a figment of the imagination.

The purpose of life, therefore, is to live as Spirit Man, which is undivided, whole and perfect. Spirit Man is Self: the ocean that has no awareness of drops of water. Thus, what is experienced as Self has to be like Self - eternal, beauty, truth, love, peace, abundance, freedom, infinity. What is not like Self, that is of natural man, is erased as if it never happened.

But natural man tries to convince Spirit Man that he is the real man. Natural man resists because he fears annihilation. It has never occurred to natural man that he is not losing anything but being who he actually is. It has never occurred to natural man that he is Spirit Man. Natural man will do all he can to assert his false identity. Spirit Man does not need to defend Himself against a nothing. As far as Spirit Man is concerned there is only Self. With persistence that your identity is Spirit/Self, natural man gives way and surrenders to his real identity as Infinite Self.

So I've realised that I am Spirit Man, how come what I created in ignorance have not been erased? How come my life hasn't miraculously been transformed? It is You as Spirit Man who needs to do the erasing. Huh? You, Spirit Man, know that what you created because you believed yourself to be natural man is not real, right? For Spirit Man reality to be made manifest, you Spirit Man have to be who you are.

Your life is a gift. If your life isn't going according to plan then you need to let the real life come into existence. To achieve this you have to be yourself. Being yourself is your purpose in life; it is your gift to humanity. You give yourself ideas about how to stay true to yourself. You are your own guide. You witness life transformed around you to one of joy, love, peace, freedom, truth, harmony and abundance. You witness what is not of Spirit erased as the nothing they are. As you remain true to Self and be yourself, you help to raise the "vibration" of earth, which is lifted to that of Spirit. You trust in yourSelf.

And another thing - you NEVER force your way on others who are not receptive. You trust that all is perfect as perfection is.

When Self is formless He is Spirit.
When Self is in form, He is Spirit Man.

I am Spirit Man,
Enocia