Vector8 Journals

Saturday, January 22, 2005

A World of Silence

"The Tao is infinite, eternal.
Why is it eternal?
It was never born;
thus it can never die.
Why is it infinite?
It has no desires for itself;
thus it is present for all beings." (Tao Te Ching, Written by Lao-tzu From a translation by S. Mitchell)
Inner Silence is showing me the difference between life as silence and life as having thoughts.

It seems like one can either create with thoughts i.e.dreaming events into place or you can be the silence. I believe we are not meant to think at all. The silence is man's true nature. Man fell from grace at the first thought.

Most people create by having the object or result in thought. According to the realm of cause and effects, like attracts like. Your thoughts attracts similar situations by synchronicity and before you know it you've created the situation. But there is no guarantee that that situation is for your highest good or it's not another empty dream. Still that's the normal way of creating.

Then there is Silence, a space of no thoughts, emotions and feelings, a space that knows nothing of cause and effects that exists outside of it.

Yesterday, before starting my journey home, I thought about what buses I needed. While I was thinking I saw myself getting into the first bus, getting off, catching another bus and waiting at the last stop for my final bus. The vision happened in an instant. If I followed this vision, it would mean taking a different route than I would have, not that I thought it would make much of a difference. I arrived at the bus station and sure enough the bus I had seen in my vision was already there so I got on. When I got off this bus there were several choices. The choice was made, the bus I'd seen again in my vision arrived so I got on. There was a bit of a delay for my last bus to arrive. I knew there was no cause to the delay, and where there is no cause, there is no delay, so I rested in silence.

Rewind. The night before I spoke to my mother about a friend I'd made on my bus travels and how I hadn't seen him for a while.

While I waited for my "delayed" bus, who should I see in another bus but the same friend I'd thought of the night before! I was too slow on the uptake to attract his attention, but at least I did see him. So there was no delay, I was in the flow of events according to my previous intention; no intention is ever lost in Silence.

What strikes me about how the Silence works is that the Silence is the intent and the events manifested. The Silence is of course Self. Self gives me a preview of events...well not a preview as such but shows me what has already happened. All I need do is follow Its trail.

Other ways Self works is She tells me what I should write about. I am often woken up in the middle of the night with the full article in my head which I run through. I also see myself writing it. I know it is already done. When I get to type it out I am only going through the motions, doing what has already been done, if this makes any sense.

I'm also guided as to what to post on websites and what to write on emails. I know when something is not of Self when it involves me thinking. This is when I let it go.

The other day I was editing an article when the computer crashed and didn't save it. It also got stuck. I thought "there is no cause" therefore the computer is not stuck. I was about to press ctrl-alt-delete and switch it off when the computer came back on. I went back to the article on the website and discovered it had been edited. I had obviously done it as formless Self. I guess it makes no difference whether I act as Self in form or formless Self. As my friend would say "it's much of a muchness." (smile)

It's wonderful to live as Silence and let things happen without thought. All I need to remember is that there is no cause. I watch the world without thoughts. I let feelings pass through with no thoughts.

Hmmm! A thoughtless world? A world of silence? Sounds good to me.

I am Silence,
Enocia