Vector8 Journals

Thursday, February 24, 2005

God is All in All

"And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all." (1 Corinthians 12: 6
"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." (John 15: 4-7)
The Spirit of God exists in all space. All is the Presence. And yet we feel as if we are apart from God's presence. It is impossible to be apart from the Presence since it is "all in all" but we can dream we are apart.

We dream that there are good and bad things. The food we eat is both good and bad. Our very natures are considered to be both good and evil. We talk about God being divine energy and yet we think of the energy as negative and positive. We talk about reality as being both light and darkness. As it is written: "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." Duality is a dream that has nothing to do with God's reality.

There is a wonderful story I love about when a sceptic tries to poison a yogi called Trailanga.

"Trailanga unhesitatingly drained, to the last drop, the containerful of burning lime. In a few minutes the evildoer fell to the ground in agony.

"Help, swami, help!" he cried. "I am on fire! Forgive my wicked test!"

The great yogi broke his habitual silence. "Scoffer," he said, "you did not realize when you offered me poison that my life is one with your own. Except for my knowledge that God is present in my stomach, as in every atom of creation, the lime would have killed me. Now that you know the divine meaning of boomerang, never again play tricks on anyone." Autobiography of a Yogi
Do you know how wonderful and freeing it is to know that God is in all? To know that every atom of creation is God/Love is to experience life without fear. Can food have any effect when it is Love and all good?

One thing that puzzles me is this: if God is in all food for instance, how come I have likes and dislikes? I know there are foods I didn't like as a child, such as peas, that I eat now. I don't like avocados and yet I've had it lots of times and even love it when served as guacamole. Isn't that strange? Basically, since God is in all, all food is God appearing. All food is divine energy. I can choose to partake of energy as food or I can have energy in another form as energy without needing to eat. After all, my body is already energy.

God is present in my body.
God is present in every atom of creation.

Love is all there is.

I am Love,
Enocia