Vector8 Journals

Friday, February 25, 2005

Homesickness

Yesterday, I was gripped with a longing to go home. I get this from time to time which come in waves of homesickness. I look around me and feel as if I'm stuck in a dream and I think "What am I doing here? Take me home." Sometimes the pull is so strong that I am tempted to retreat into the Light and be formless. But then I realise I'm here for a purpose. I imagine what it will be like if I withdraw and I feel regret over not having finished my job. I know that no one can do my job but me so I'm staying.

This morning on my way out it was snowing. I seriously don't see what the fuss is about snow. Snow, rain and storms are all reminders to me that this is not home. I know my real home is resplendent with light that knows no darkness, no climates, just peace and love. As I walked to the bus stop I put up my umbrella and focused on the Light from home, my real home. It stopped snowing and the rest of the day has been sunny. Nice try sunshine but you are nowhere close to the radiance of the Light of God!

I guess homesickness is a good indication that I am losing my attachment to Earth. I know it's not yet time for me to dissolve into Light. I am going to have to make the best of what I have. Just like one can buy little ornaments to decorate one's place to make it feel like home, I'm going to have to be the Light that I am right here and right now to make Earth feel like home.

One day I look around and notice everything has transformed into resplendent Light. What a day of rejoicing indeed!

I am Light,
Enocia

Related article: On Earth as in Heaven