Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

If There Is No Time, Is Planning Necessary?

"For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." (Acts 17: 28)
Spirit is all in all, meaning He interpenetrates all space. What is time or space when Spirit is all there is?

I'm on a journey from the west end to where I live. The bus journey, measured in human terms, takes about 1 hour. The west end is my past and my destination is my future; and every minute leads me closer to my future. So in this respect, time does exist and can be measured.

On the other hand, there is the Eternal Now of Spirit. While I may appear to be moving forward in time to wherever I want to go, I am not moving at all. I am always in Spirit, in Love. I am always living and moving and having my being in Spirit. I therefore do not expect to experience any obstacles because "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." But I have to constantly remember that I live in Spirit.

So of course one can plan provided that one is aware that everything unfolds within Spirit. Mary Baker Eddy puts it this way:

"Thoughts unspoken are not unknown to the divine Mind. Desire is prayer; and no loss can occur from trusting God with our desires, that they may be moulded and exalted before they take form in words and in deeds." Science and Health
If you have the desire to achieve such and such you realise that that desire is from Spirit. You might be inspired to plan ahead as one does for one's journey but always with the awareness that it is all taking place within Spirit. When you are planning without an awareness that Spirit is all in all and the only real, you are subject to the whims of mortals: disasters, delays, sickness and whatnot.

I'm sure there are some who find no need to plan and trust in Spirit to make the necessary arrangements. We are all experiencing Spirit in different ways. I tend to visualise where I see myself already achieving what needs to be done but always with the awareness that it is not occurring in time and space but in the presence of Divine Love.

I believe that when one lives with the awareness that all occurs in Spirit, one is following the one will of Spirit.

In truth, as Spirit we are already where we need to be. What is there to plan for?

I am Spirit,
Enocia