Vector8 Journals

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Back to Basics - Experiencing Nothing

"There are no limitations where God is, no claiming of personalities. God is all...Everything that seemed peculiarly my own was simply swept away until I was as nothing, and longing only for God. The Angel spake again with great love and tenderness - "Thou shalt know thyself by this test: art thou content to be nothing, and know nothing?" With great faltering I answered "Yes." The reply came, "Know God, and thou shalt Be." Christ in You
"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Genesis 2: 2-3)
I see myself as an explorer on a mission similar to the crew of the Starship Enterprise. If you've ever watched any episode of Star Trek you will hear the following in the opening sequence:

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyagers of the Starship Enterprise. It's continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilization. To boldly go where no one has gone before."
Like the crew, I have been boldly exploring and seeking "out new life and new civilizations." I have asked questions which have been answered as experiences that I have documented on the Internet. Some of my experiences have been one-offs while others have extended into longer moments. From the feedback I have received from those who read my articles, the questions I have raised are shared by many. While insights received from past experiences may no longer be relevant to my current experience, others who are choosing to have longer moments of experiences find them useful.

What do I mean by "one-offs" and "longer moments of experiences?" The wonderful thing about life is that you can have millions of experiences or you can choose to have only a few. Time is irrelevant. An experience can last but for a second/moment or trillion seconds/moments. As humans, we tend to extend moments into interminably long moments, lasting for a whole lifetime.

Let's say I've never eaten peanuts. I could have some and be satisfied that I now have this experience in my memory forever. There is therefore no need to repeat the experience. Or I could choose to extend this experience for months or even years on end, as we measure time. See, it makes no difference how you choose to have an experience. I believe true freedom is either when one is consciously choosing to have an experience, even if it is repeated experiences of peanuts or peanut butter sandwiches; or freedom is about realising that one moment of experience is sufficient and you can move on to other experiences as you so choose. I believe people get caught in experiences or beliefs because they have forgotten their original intention to have that experience. No experience is ever thrust upon anyone. We always have a choice to experience or not to experience.

I have observed that human experiences unfold according to what one's interest in life is. One of my life's theme is healing. I obviously have a belief that people or places need to be healed. I have had a thing about healing as far as I can remember. It started off in believing I was born into my family to stop the cycle of abuse. Then it moved on to me needing to be healed which extended to healing others. I have experienced many different forms of healing and studied a few techniques. The danger is I could get stuck in this experience as the universe is continuously unfolding circumstances for me to experience healing as I have documented in many of my articles. Even when I'm not healing anyone, my body always seems to need healing.

A while back, I wrote an article called How We Can Be Each Other's Guides. The moment the thought went out the universe sent people my way to guide in various forms, whether it is giving them directions to a particular place or giving someone spiritual counsel. I soon had enough and wanted to have new experiences.

I also recently wrote an article called Homesickness when I was being drawn back into the Light. I resisted it but a day later I had the urge again when the inner Voice gave me a choice that I could either resist or surrender. I went into the Light. I experienced the Light as me. The insight I received from that experience was that there is no need to have a near death experience or die to experience the Light. One can live as the Light on Earth now, transforming all into Light. I lived this experience for a few days. I even noticed that I could be healed or give out healing by affirming that "I am Light." (See I told you healing was a major life theme). Of course when you go around thinking you are Light, life is bound to throw opportunities your way to be the Light. I have to make a decision: do I wish to experience myself as Light for a few moments or longer moments? Hmmm! Tricky, very tricky! (smile)

What I am saying is that it is perfectly OK to have experiences. I have had many which have lasted for a few moments or longer moments. An experience is the equivalent of stopping for a while from one's travels and enjoying the scenery. One can stop for a few moments or longer moments.

I have been pondering on the idea of going back to basics and being nothing.

"By Nothing I mean no thing, that which has no limits, cannot be labelled and is infinite. A thing in my reality is that which has forms and is limited." Experiencing Nothing
I believe that the ultimate way for me to experience life is to be nothing. For it is being nothing that one can truly know God who is beyond definitions, labels, concepts or forms. Thus, when I am being No-thing, there is nothing to heal. Knowing the Universe, It will unfold experiences where no healing is required.

What would my life be like when I see no-thing?

"I see no labels or identity, no limits nor judge anything as having form." Experiencing Nothing
What would my experiences be when I feel no-thing; hear no-thing; smell no-thing; or taste no-thing?

I am taking a rest now to enjoy the scenery of being nothing. It could be for a moment or infinite moments.

I am No-thing,
Enocia

Related articles: It Is All Nothing; What are the Qualities of a Spiritual Guide?; Experiencing Nothing: I Am a Star Ship from Deep Space