Vector8 Journals

Monday, March 21, 2005

The God of Too Much and No Rules

"Love knoweth no laws."
Sir John Lyly, English writer
"Where love reigns the impossible may be attained."
Indian proverb
"Where love is concerned, too much is not even enough!"
P.A.C de Beaumarchais, French playwright
"There is only one kind of love, but there are a thousand different versions."
La Rochefoucauld, French moralist
We are supposed to ask for what we wish to experience, right? It is also considered bad manners to barge in without permission. I’m wondering whether asking is a rule we have made up as humans.

The way I see it, Love is all around us. You can see it as the air we breathe or life force. Does anyone need to ask for oxygen? You just take what you need, right? If Love is all around then it happens whether one asks or not. Love is being expressed as us all the time. The infinite intelligence is always working with or without our help. It grows our nails, hair and keeps our bodies in working order. When one makes up rules about the how, then one is limiting not only Infinite Intelligence but one's true Self.

Yesterday, I went on a long bus ride. On the way home while waiting for the first bus, I spoke to a lady at the stop, mainly about the bus timetable. When the bus arrived, my attention was drawn to two dogs who trotted ahead of me and sat on the back seat where I intended to sit. Their guardian sat beside me. As we drove along he pointed out historical places of interest in the local area that I wasn’t aware of. I had lived in this area before but not long enough to explore it fully and here I was being given a guided tour. It was a very opulent neighbour with many town houses exceeding £1 million. The man also shared his vision of a world where natural resources are shared. While I listened to him, I patted one dog on her head. She came and sat on my knee. She nuzzled and tickled my ear while I stroked and kissed her. What an affectionate dog she was. I spoke with the man for about 15 minutes and then he and his dogs got off.

A few weeks back on another bus journey, I sat beside an elderly gentleman who was reading his newspaper. I noticed there was a piece about Doctor Who, the great British sci-fi which I watched when I was younger. The BBC was showing a new version of Doctor Who. The man gave me the history of Doctor Who in the early sixties, way before my time. He shared with me what was going on in the media at the time, at least his perception of it. He lamented how much society has changed and people's lack of respect for one another. It made my bus journey an interesting one for which I was very grateful.

Back to yesterday's journey. After I'd travelled for about one and a half hours, I still had to catch another bus at another station. Who should I see but the same woman I met earlier at the first bus stop! Our paths had diverged for a while and here we were waiting for the same bus going to the same destination. She said she was here on holidays from Australia. We talked about the places she'd been to see in London, buses and the weather in Australia. When our bus arrived she chose to sit downstairs while I wanted to sit upstairs. We exchanged best wishes, again.

Later on the "bendy" bus, which looks like a tram, the driver went speeding down a road filled with speed humps or "sleeping policemen" as we affectionately call them in the UK. It felt like I was on a rollercoaster ride. Whoo hoo! What a fun journey!

God is Love. This God is a God of too much. Look at how Infinite Intelligence is manifested in nature. An apple tree doesn't just produce a few fruits. It produces apples in superabundance and more seeds to grow thousands more apples. That's the way God works.

Does this mean one shouldn't ask God to meet our needs? This is how I see it. Imagine you are off to the supermarket to buy a loaf of bread. You are overwhelmed by so many brands. Asking is choosing the type of bread you would like to experience. However, when one realises he has the Christ Mind that is unlimited, one's experiences are unlimited love in infinite manifestation, whether you ask or not. In other words, Divine Love would like to treat us if we'd let Her.

I've noticed that as you radiate more and more of God's love, people treat you according to their idea of love. Earlier this morning, I went to buy my mother's groceries. I was carrying two heavy bags of shopping and waiting at the bus stop. A man smiled at me and I smiled back. He approached me and asked me where I was from; if I was married; where I lived, etc. My bus arrived. He was getting the same bus. He asked whether he could sit beside me and I said yes. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. He told me how much he liked me and wanted to have sex with me. Huh! I was thinking, do I look like someone who is in the mood for sex? He kept stroking my hand. To distract him I asked him what his name was. He said he couldn't understand me as his English wasn't very good. He's from Turkey. Yeah right, you can't speak good English but you know how to say "I want to have sex with you." Boy was I glad when I arrived at my stop.

There are so many ways to express love? Animals are very affectionate; people want to share their stories, food, ideas or whatever or want to have sex with you. And it all happens whether you ask for the experience or not.

Love has no limits and no laws.
Love is infinite.
Love is my true nature.

I now end with excerpts from Jesus' teachings why asking is not always necessary.

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6: 25-34)
Love and Light,
Enocia