Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Love Takes Many Forms

"I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
Love is all around me
And so the feeling grows
It’s written on the wind
It’s everywhere I go, oh yes it is" Wet, Wet, Wet
You know people get so attached to loving someone and expecting that love to be reciprocated by the other. It is the same with giving. We've been programmed that when we give we must expect it back from the other in kind. This is not how I see reality. You don't have to wait for a partner or friend(s) to experience giving and receiving love, there are zillions of opportunities to express love. After all, Love is all there is.

The simplest way to express love, I find, is a smile. What does it cost to smile at someone? It doesn't matter whether the other smiles back, it's the smiling that counts. I hear people talk about how unfriendly Londoners are and I think to myself, "That is so not true. The Londoners I meet have radiant smiles." A smile is love in action.

The other day I was waiting for a bus. A young lady was already there. She said she'd been waiting for ages for her bus which hadn't arrived. I beamed energy from my heart chakra at her. I also put out a call to the universe to send her bus at once. We got chatting. She said she had a young baby and she was a housewife. It turns out that over 10 years ago I lived in the adjacent street near where she's now living. Her bus arrived closely followed by another. Typical! You wait for ages and two come at once. (smile) We exchanged hugs and kisses. At that moment, we had both received love.

Another way love takes form is when love appears as the very thing needed. For instance, it's fun to wonder about stuff, let it go and watch as the answers come in marvellous ways. Yesterday evening on my ride home on the bus, I thought about a movie that's coming up on television that I would love to watch called Ground Hog Day. I couldn't remember the actor's name. A woman sat in front of me. She got on her mobile phone and the first thing she said was: "Dad, I watched that Bill Murray movie yesterday." Aha, that's the name of the actor, Bill Murray!

A few weeks ago I noticed a rally at Piccadilly Circus and they were playing the song We are Family by Sister Sledge. I wondered what the rally was about but I couldn't be bothered to find out so I headed off to the bookshop. I picked up a few books to browse. There were no seats available so I went to the other side of the floor where I found one. Soon a customer came over. She recognised a member of staff as her friend from college. She didn't realise her friend worked at that bookshop. They started discussing the rally I had been wondering about. One said it was a rally about the environment. Once they'd relayed that important information they moved elsewhere to continue their discussion. I thought the song at the rally and the way the answer came reflected the nature of reality; in truth, we are family. Love is oneness.

People can feel unloved or unappreciated when they continue to expect love in the traditional way from partners, families, colleagues and friends. Why limit yourself to only that way of expressing love? Why not look to the Universe? The Universe is Love in manifestation. Every moment is an opportunity to give and receive love.

Love is all around us.

I am Love,
Enocia

Related article: Smile Please