Vector8 Journals

Monday, March 21, 2005

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

"Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity." (Habakkuk 1: 17)
Have you ever seen pictures of the three monkeys that represent the saying, "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?" Imagine what the world would be like if we were to live this principle as truth. How does this principle work?

I believe Source is infinite Love. Love doesn't understand human dramas such as fear, sickness, lack, or death because they arise from a belief there is such a thing as beginning and end. When an experience arises out of this belief it is not of infinite Love, therefore they do not exist and are not real. Yet in the human realm suffering seem very much real, just like pain feels very much real when you are experiencing it. How come? Because the human imagination can dream something out of nothing. For you to dream anything it has to have a beginning and an end. Human lives seem real enough but it doesn't mean they are real. Humans have a birth date signifying a beginning. Yet the Spirit has always existed. Which is real: the human or Spirit? To declare that one is human is to speak evil, a lie.

This computer I'm typing on and the blog where I post ideas is nothing but a dream. In truth, we are already one with all truth. What is the point of communicating my perception of truth when all is known? To do this we have to pretend we don't know. This pretence is a game, a dream that has nothing to do with reality. Spirit is infinite truth. It is another example of speaking evil.

One night while I was walking home I thanked the universe for taking me home safely. I had a thought: "How can you arrive home when you are already home?" As humans, we perceive space as real and believe it takes time to get from point A to point B. In truth, there is no space nor is there any need for Spirit to travel as Spirit is already here, there and everywhere. Thus, travelling in the human sense of the word is dreaming something out of nothing. Another example of speaking evil.

Recently, I had an interesting insight into the notion of "seeing no evil." For weeks my mother and her friends had been planning an evening out to a new restaurant. She planned to be back late which she hasn't done for a while. She even requested that I get home early so someone will be in the flat. I told her I would be back at 7 pm. When I arrived she was still at home. She said the man who was supposed to drive her to the restaurant had fallen ill so their outing was cancelled. It didn't seem real that she was still at home. To me she had actually gone to the restaurant. Was I dreaming the whole thing?

You could argue that maybe it was the best for all concerned and maybe something "bad" could have happened and they were being protected. I don't buy this at all. Going out with one's friends to have a good time is a way of demonstrating infinite love. There can be no fear in love. Disease is not of Love therefore it is a figment of the human imagination.

Last Saturday, my mother planned to visit her friend. While I was out I had a thought that she was out with her friend. I even knew what time she coming back home. When I got home I couldn't wait to find out how her day went. She said she dressed up, left the house but was in so much agony she had to return home. This didn't seem real. I had the distinct impression she had visited her friend, as planned, and had a fabulous day. What's going on with me? Am I going barmy?

It was then I had a realisation. You see in my reality everything is operating perfectly. The moment my mother had the idea of expressing infinite Love by going out to the restaurant or visiting her friend, I could see it all perfectly. This means that at every moment, any decision we make, there are always two realities going on: the one where one's highest expectations are already met which are as real as this computer is real; and the reality where you are operating in the human realm of possibility where things might or might not happen. Wherever you put your faith is what you experience. It doesn't mean the other reality is not occurring. I know for a fact that my mother went to that dinner and she went to visit her friend.

I'm reminded of the following:

"All you have ever longed, prayed, and hoped for exists. So mighty is good. You are laying up treasure where there is no corruption, and all your good is your real wealth." Christ in You
Our senses would deceive us that what you can't discern with the senses doesn't exist. The moment one has an intention it exists. Why would your I Am Presence deny you your good unless you believe otherwise. No matter what the senses are saying one must be disciplined and know that our good exists now. They're stocked outside your front door. This is seeing no evil with the eyes of faith.

Seeing no evil is like the stories of Jesus' many miracles in the bible. For instance, when Jesus commanded the man with palsy to get up and walk, the man believed he was already healed and he got up and walked. What if the man had said, "Are you sure I'm already healed. Isn't it supposed to take time? How do you expect me to walk when my legs still feel so weak?" What do you think would have happened? He would remain a cripple for the rest of his life. Faith is seeing what already exists as perfection. Or as St Paul puts it:

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)
To see no evil therefore is to persistently see beyond appearances knowing that everything is already perfect and complete, no matter what the senses suggest.

If something seems to be taking a while to materialise does this mean it's because of one's lack of faith. It could be the case. The main thing is to continue to see that it is already present. This takes discipline.

To see no evil is to not judge according to appearances be they race, culture, gender, sexuality, nationality etc. See everyone as the unconditioned, infinite Spirit.

To speak no evil is to speak words of faith no matter what. You speak the word of health "I am radiant health" even if your senses tell you you are in pain. You speak words of abundance even when your purse looks empty.

To hear no evil is to listen to or study words of truth that reminds you of your nature as infinite Love. You refuse to acknowledge the world's beliefs of fear and lack. This also applies to one's inner dialogues. You think only thoughts of love. If you're going to use your imagination, imagine only experiences of love and joy and peace and truth for yourself and others. Ultimately, to hear no evil is rejecting all beliefs and going to the stillness within that is infinite wisdom.

To feel no evil is to refuse to accept any sensation or feeling that try to identify you as "only human." If your body feels like it is in pain, affirm that you are Spirit and Spirit has no physical sensations. Spirit is stillness and this will manifest in your body. Emotions are another way the ego tricks us into identifying ourselves as human. Know that you are Spirit and Spirit judges no experiences as good or bad. Judgements create attachments to experiences which give rise to different emotions. Spirit is blissful no matter what.

Our real Self sees no evil, hears no evil or speaks no evil because She has no limits. She is infinite love, peace, joy, truth, abundance and all good.

I see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil,
Enocia

Related articles: It's All Nothing; The Yes Zone