Vector8 Journals

Friday, March 18, 2005

Taking Nothing For Granted

"With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19: 26)
Yesterday, I received an email from a lovely friend thanking me for the journals. He also talked about how doors are opening signifying that we are always being helped, though our senses would have us believe otherwise. I pondered over that metaphor. On my way home on the bus I sat near the emergency exit. The door suddenly flew open and then shut. Wow, that's cool! The door opened all by itself! The alarm went off and the bus driver stopped the bus so he could investigate. I told him the door had opened all by itself. He looked annoyed and said "No, the door didn't open by itself, it was kids." I didn't care how it happened I just know that the door was reflecting my thoughts.

Just because I travel by bus doesn't mean I believe London Transport is my source of travel. I know all my needs are met by Source/Spirit. They may come through people but I know all human methods are Spirit in action. Indeed, my visible human body is quickened each day by Spirit to express the joy of life. I never take anything for granted.

A while back, I was sitting in a bookshop munching away at some crisps. A toddler made a bee line for me. He had the widest grin. He looked at the crisp I had in my hand. He wanted one so I gave him a big crisp and he toddled off somewhere. After a few minutes he was back. I gave him another one. His father smiled apologetically at me. I told him I didn't mind sharing my crisps. This is what I love about babies. They don't care how their Good comes to them, they simply trust in the Universe.

Reminds me of a time I was sitting on a park bench enjoying the scenery. A woman and her dog were sitting beside me. We discussed the dog's penchant for ice cream. On my left another woman sat down. She opened a packet of cookies. She thought the dog was cute and offered the dog one which he wolfed down. She must have thought I was also cute because she offered me some cookies as well which I gratefully accepted and wolfed down.

It's such a shame children (and animals) are conditioned to expect their supplies only from people they know. As you grow older, you get so used to this way of thinking that you only expect love from and extend love to friends and family, and don't give a toss about others. As an adult, you believe your supply comes from your employer or employment and if you lose that employment, you are basically stuffed.

Another way we limit ourselves as humans is how we identify ourselves. You might see yourself as a mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister, cousin, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, grandparent, male, female, husband, wife, lover, friend, qualification, occupation, class, nationality, race, culture, philosophy, politics, religion, sexuality, body, appearance, disability, diet, emotions, thoughts, or human. How you live is influenced by how you identify yourself. You then expect your supplies to come through a particular channel. If you don't have a certain skill, you believe a particular goal is unachievable.

I once watched a famous singer/actress I very much admire being interviewed on television. She said the reason why she could no longer sing was because of an operation she'd had on her throat. If only she realised that the Spirit of music is independent of human ability; that you can simply channel the music in energetic form and you will be able to sing whether you are trained in the human sense or not.

I don't look to the human for my supplies, I look to God first because I know everything exists as energy. I then expect my supply to come to me any way it does. Let's say I am lost. I either pray or feel the solution coming down as energy. I then ask the first person I come across for directions because I know s/he has appeared in answer to my intention.

When I put my faith in the human way, supply is limited and always based on the human belief of what is possible. But with Source, supply is unlimited.

I also take nothing for granted knowing that all is Source in manifestation.

Love and Light,
Enocia

Related article: Ask and You Will Receive