Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Where Fear is Wasted

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear." (1 John 4: 18)
The other day, my mother said a dog jumped at her while she was walking around our neighbourhood. The dog apparently was very friendly and he simply wanted to play. My mother is scared of dogs. She didn’t run off as she was tempted to, but let the dog frolic around her. I told her the dog must have sensed she liked dogs regardless of her fear.

The next day I came across another friendly dog. From my mother’s description, I knew it was the same dog. While he didn’t jump at me, he bounded all over the place. I mentioned to his guardian that he seemed really affectionate. He said he was. I thought to myself that my mother’s fear had been totally wasted on that dog. That dog wouldn’t know fear if it bit him on the nose. He would probably yelp with delight. Naturally, I teased my mother about this when I got home.

When I am not thinking of anyone or planning anything; when I am fully immersed in whatever I’m doing; when I am in silence; I am free. In that space I’m like the playful dog who cannot sense another’s fear or knows what fear is. In that state there is no place for fear. In that space I am being myself - Love.

I am Bliss
I am Joy
I am Love

Enocia