Vector8 Journals

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Do Beauty Products Work?

Like a lot of women, I wear makeup. I won't leave home without my lipstick. I've always loved makeup which I think adds colour to my face, not that I need more colour, being a woman of colour already. Haha! Anyway, I love makeup.

But there are many beauty products on the market claiming to remove wrinkles and make you look years younger. I sometimes watch these shopping channels who have women, and sometimes celebrities, endorsing particular skin products, claiming the product made them look years younger. Was it the product or the belief in the product? Do beauty products work?

I have tried different types of products. This was because of where I was in consciousness at the time. When I mostly believed that my body was purely flesh and bones, I relied on pills, potions, physical therapies and lotions to make me look healthy. Then I started seeing myself as a lot more than flesh and bones until I knew myself to be nothing that can be defined or put in a neat box. I am what I am; plain and simple.

While I still play the game of using makeup, I know that how I appear is based on what I am as Perfection, not because of a beauty product.

I read an article this week where they had 2 photos of particular individuals smiling. Readers were invited to guess which smile was genuine. One of the experts claimed that a smile is genuine if you can see the individual's crow's feet. Crow's feet is the wrinkle some people have in the corner of their eyes. Oh yeah, what if you're like me who hasn't got crow's feet? I am in my late thirties right now and I have only a few frown lines but no crow's feet. The rest of my face is free of any lines; I've been told I look like I'm in my twenties. Does this mean my smiles are never going to be genuine? Do me a favour! This is one belief that has no foundation, excuse the pun. Hahaha!

I believe beauty products work if you believe they do. Ultimately, if you depend on beauty products to make you look young, then you probably hold the belief that food products can influence your health, or you need such and such to make you feel stronger. I believe I am perfect whether I eat or don't eat; whether I use beauty products or not. But I still like to play the game of wearing makeup. Why? Because it's fun and I like dreaming I'm a girl.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
I am.

Love and Light,
Enocia