Vector8 Journals

Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Impersonal Self

I seem to have two selves. There is the me that is the personal, individualised self, appearing in human form as Enocia. This self is further divided into infinite selves that help me to experience life.

There is the Impersonal Self which unites all selves. When I am the Impersonal Self, I see everyone, thing, experiences as me.

Yesterday, I explored being the Impersonal Self. On the bus there was a man sitting in front. His body is my body, therefore, his hair is my hair. I fancied ruffling my hair. The man raised his human hand and ruffled his hair. He ruffled his hair several times during the journey.

Later, I sat in a building that overlooks the River Thames. I observed myself appearing as the river, boats of various shapes and sizes and, in the distance, I could see myself appearing as different vehicles. My attention was drawn to different me's appearing as a man and a woman smoking outside. In thought, I saw both me's move from one spot to another. I also saw me as the woman doing a twirl. I let the thought go. Soon enough, the man grabbed the woman's arm and led her to the exact spot I thought earlier. They continued smoking and chatting. Just before they left, the woman did a 360 twist, which to me looked like a twirl, so she could dump her cigarette butt in the bin, and they walked off.

This morning on my first bus, just as the bus was about to drive off the me, passing off as the bus driver, spotted another me running for the bus. Come on, I thought, you are keeping us all waiting! The me caught the bus, thanked the driver, and said hello to everyone. Ah, bless! I am feeling guilty for keeping us all waiting.

On another bus the drivers changed shift. Great, my other me's are keeping me waiting. As the driver was leaving the bus, I wished him good day in my thoughts. Just as the new driver was about to drive off, another passenger, me again, ran to catch it. I, the driver, let me, the passenger in. Turned out I knew this woman, we've spoken a few times before. She said hello and wished me a good day. I, the driver, drove me, the bus, to our destination.

It is written in the scriptures:

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12: 29-31)
The Impersonal Self is the Lord that is all in all. When I love others, I do so because it is the only way to live. There is only me.

What I do to another I am doing to myself as there is only me.
When I bless another I am blessing myself as there is only me.
When I curse another I am cursing myself as there is only me.

As the Impersonal Self, love is the only way to be.

I am Self,
Enocia

Related article: Putting the Under-Utilised Workers to Work

A useful article on blessing: The Aloha Spirit