Vector8 Journals

Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Instrument of Torture

A long time ago I paid a visit to Madame Tussauds in London, a place that has celebrities, political and historical figures made of wax. It's a fascinating place that attracts many tourists and locals. I remember the Chamber of Horrors which had many instruments used to torture criminals in the old days. One instrument that fascinated me was the one that was used to stretch a criminal's body to confess to a crime, perhaps? Ouch!

Once I had a vision where I saw myself being pulled apart, rather like the instrument of torture. Though I was being pulled apart, I felt no pain. I saw my arms and legs extending until I became long strands of energy or light filaments. But it didn't end there. The pulling continued until I no longer appeared to have a body. It was as if I was everywhere and nowhere, and yet I was very much conscious that I exist. I then realised I was being given a taster of what it means to have a body and yet be Infinity itself.

Since then, from time to time, I do a ritual of pulling myself apart. In my mind's eye, I feel my body extend until I am no longer visible. I become one with everything. Whenever I feel I'm getting attached to an idea or an experience, I use this technique of pulling myself apart and being no thing.

Whoever said the instrument of torture was terrible? I say it is good to pull yourself apart, be no thing. This is one way to get rid of the ego that is addicted to forms.

Time for a nice stretch, I think.

I......a.......m...........I......n......f......i......n......i......t......y,
E...n...o...c...i...a