Vector8 Journals

Saturday, April 09, 2005

What's the Rush?

"The Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath." (Luke 6: 5)
Rush, rush, rush! Tick tock, tick tock! Come on, time is money! No time for anything. Come on, let's go.

Slow down, will you? What's the rush?

I'm at the supermarket about to do my mother's grocery shopping. I look at the list. I feel like having a moan at her for putting too many things on the list which is going to make the bags too heavy, but I decide against it. What's the point of complaining? There is only me so if I have any grievance about anything, I'm having it about myself. I'm only going to make myself miserable. Besides, there is no rush. I have all the time in the world. Why? Everyone and everything is me, so no one's going to give me any hassles unless I wish it to be the case. Everything is perfect.

I leisurely pick up everything on the list, pack the bags and wait for my bus. Since I have all the time in the world, no time passes. The bus arrives and takes me to the next station. I usually walk from here, which only takes 10 minutes but I decide to wait for another bus. An empty bus arrives to take me home. On the final leg of the journey, the bags feel light as if the grocery is cooperating with me.

After I have sorted out the shopping, I set off out. I notice a bus I want already at the stop but I'm too far off to catch it. So what if I've missed that me appearing as a bus? There will soon be another me. Sure enough there is. On this bus I speak to a girl, aged about 6 or 7, about travelling on buses. We discuss the bendy-bus, a long tram-like bus that moves like a snake. The girl asks me to imagine what it would be like travelling on a double-decker bendy-bus. We laugh at the thought of both parts moving and where the stairs would be located. I tell her that when I travel on the bendy-bus, I sometimes pretend I'm on a train.
"Why?"
"Because it's fun."
"Imagine if it was a double-decker train!"
"I think some countries already have double-decker trains."
"Wow!"
The girl is pensive for a moment then she says, "What if the bendy-bus was half loaf of bread and half bus?"

The girl's mother tell her she's being silly but I think it's a question worth considering.

"I would eat the part of it that was bread," I say laughing.
"Yeah I can eat their fingers," she says.

Alas, I've arrived at my bus stop and have to say goodbye to this me. What a laugh we've had about buses. I wonder if the "half bus and half bread" model will ever catch on? Hehehe!

When I see everything as me there is no need to fret. Every moment is an opportunity to experience myself. This means I have all the time in the world to be me.

Tick tock, tick tock! Aw shut up!

Ooops! Sorry! All time is me, right?

It's OK time, I'll get to you/me in a minute.

Peace,
Enocia

See the poem Leisure by W.H. Davies