Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Why am I Having this Human Experience?

Sometimes I have experiences that are so wonderful and so much fun that I feel like holding on to the memory for eternity. I mean, why give up something I love? In the realm of infinity, it is very true that this experience is always there to be relived whenever I choose. Thus, if I want to feel joyful I can either access a moment when I felt immense joy and relive that moment, or be still and know my identity as formless Joy.

Since I am already formless Joy, what's the point of experiences? If I only need to think of Love and feel Love, why bother having loving experiences? What is the purpose of human experiences?

Experiences are the formless in expression. Beauty, for instance, can be expressed in nature, art, in someone's facial expression, in architecture etc. One can feel beauty by admiring an object of beauty or one can be still and be beauty. This still doesn't answer my question. Why do I need to express the formless as this human form when I am the formless Infinite Self?

Experiences are purely for our pleasure. At an appearance level, the human realm appears to be inequitable, what with class divide, poverty etc. But the truth is we are all the same. Each of us is Infinite Source. Since Source is what is true about us, then the human realm is nothing but a drama. Earth has been created for us to have experiences. Whatever one does with one's experiences are purely personal, just like someone can do as they please with a gift.

In every experience, I have two choices.

I can choose to cherish the experience. This is great, but my choice will not change the truth that nothing can be added to or taken away from who I am.

I can choose to surrender the experience and dissolve it into nothingness. This is also great, but my choice will not change the truth that nothing can be added to or taken away from who I am.

The British climber George Mallory was once asked why he wanted to climb Mount Everest. His response was "Because it's there."

Why am I having this human experience? Because earth is here and there's nothing else I'd rather be doing with my time.

Love and Light,
Enocia