Vector8 Journals

Monday, May 16, 2005

Love Conquers All

"Choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24: 15)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." (1 John 4: 4)
"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." (1 John 5: 4)
We say we believe in an omnipresent power called God, yet we say we manifest our beliefs. You can't have it both ways. Either you believe in what you believe in or you believe in a Power that transcends all beliefs.

I have been in the situation where I have believed in a greater force, yet, I have been swayed by the beliefs of the world, including mine. I now realise that I wasn't able to tap into the Power of God but a counterfeit power of god. I now realise that to have all of God you have to give up all. As the biblical Jesus teaches:

"Whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14: 33)
Now, Love is very practical and works on all levels and what better way to test It than to let Love work through you?

A few weeks ago I noticed my mother's best friend had stopped calling her. As they are always "in each other's pockets" I knew something was up. I asked my mother and she said she had no issues with her. I decided to leave them alone to sort things out. Soon I heard my mother discussing her friend to another friend. Suffice it to say, they had fallen out big time. I was very sad to hear what my mother was saying about her best friend. The old programme within me was reminding me that if you have ill-feelings towards someone, it will bounce back at you. Thus, when you love others you are loving self; ditto anger, hate etc. I also knew that there was nothing inevitable about cause/effect; it is only real if you believe it is. As I was breaking the old habit of linking cause to effect, I decided to bless my mother and her friend with love. Every time I heard her speaking about her friend and I was tempted to judge her thoughts as coming back at her, I "poured" Love over her.

This morning I heard my mother coughing. As I was visualising myself bathed in Love, I bathed her in Love. She stopped coughing, got out of bed and phoned her best friend. From their conversation, they sounded as if they'd made up.

There is nothing inevitable about cause and effect. Just because someone has "negative" thoughts doesn't mean they have to attract "negative" experiences. Imagine you've witnessed an accident, do you do what you can, call the ambulance, or whatever; or do you start wondering what the victims had been thinking? I have been involved in a car accident and I was very grateful people cared enough to come to my rescue. (see Accident or Omnipresence at Work?) I have also done what I could when I have witnessed an accident. Imagine if Divine Love continuously links one's behaviour to one's thoughts? Surely that is not unconditional Love but judgment.

This leads to an important question. Is it true that the Universe attracts to you what you believe in? I believe our thoughts are creative and will attract what you believe. However, Divine Love transcends all thoughts, emotions and beliefs. Divine Love can cancel out all thoughts and human beliefs but you have to totally surrender to Love, who wants nothing but Good for all.

Let me reiterate that attracting "negative" experiences is only inevitable when you live under human laws and believe in cause and effect. The moment you surrender to Love knowing that Love is the only power, Love will transform your life and delete any repercussions expected from cause/effect.

Love conquers all. Another word for Love is Grace.

I am Love,
Enocia