Vector8 Journals

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Love Without Conditions

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." (Matthew 6: 6)
Believe it or not, I am not always in an elevated state of consciousness, nor do I always feel like speaking to people on my journeys. Sometimes, I just want to be left alone.

It felt very cold yesterday evening. On a bus journey home I tried to keep warm. I heard sobs. I looked around the bus and noticed a man sobbing. He was draining a can of beer in his mouth soon followed by another. People stared but no one went near him. When passengers came on the bus he stared at them and sobbed even louder but passengers fled to the other side of the bendy bus.

While I didn't feel like speaking to him, I knew I could help in the only way I knew how. I imagined liquid love pouring over his head. In my mind's eye I gave him a hug and I went back to my meditation. The man continued sobbing and "drowning his sorrows" all the way to his destination.

When I got off the bus I still felt cold. The evening felt more like deep winter and my bones rattled. I could do with some liquid Love. I saw myself as Light pouring energy over my head and giving the human self a hug. I immediately calmed down. Once I was at peace, I felt neither hot nor cold. I see heat and cold as different states of mind or thoughts which, when dissolved into the formless silence, cease to have form...until you start thinking again.

As I walked home I thought again about the man on the bus. It would seem as if because no one went near him no one cared, but you can't go by appearances. I am sure people care and some may have wondered what was wrong with him, why he was drinking so much etc. Just because someone hasn't acted in a physical way doesn't mean people don't care.

It is easy for one to judge another, particularly someone drinking. You wonder why he's getting himself in that state in the first place. Why isn't he taking responsibility etc? But Divine Love doesn't judge people's behaviour, Love is without conditions.

I then realised that I had been thinking about having so much love and wanting to love others. Well, the Universe provided the perfect opportunity to love as God loves; to love in secret and trust in the Love to work through the human instrument as he or she is open to receive. Love never fails.

Divine Love is without and beyond conditions.

I am Love,
Enocia