Vector8 Journals

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Revisting the Causeless Realm

“Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.” (John 4: 34)
Imagine waking up one day to find trees hanging in mid air with no roots. Would that freak you out or would you accept this reality as normal? What if people were constantly appearing out of nowhere? Would you be able to accept this reality?

We are so used to the notion of cause and effects. A tree can't appear without expecting it to be planted first as a seed. People can't appear out of nowhere, they have to either be walking or arrived on transportation. Even if someone teleports, they have to come from somewhere. What if appearing out of nowhere and for no reason was normal?

I believe in two Ultimate Truths:

1. There is only One Intelligence or Power that is responsible for the visible and invisible realm.
2. There is no cause to the universe, visible or invisible.

It would seem like there is a contradiction. How can there be one Power behind all and yet there is no cause. It is simply this: the One Power or Intelligence is causeless, therefore, there is really only one Ultimate Truth:

There is No Cause!!

A woman whose husband has gone to war receives news that her husband has been killed. She is inconsolable. After a few days, she receives confirmation that her husband is still alive and well. The woman is jubilant. Was there a cause for her misery? It seemed like there was and yet there was no cause as her husband was still alive. Her inner state couldn't tell the difference between fact and fiction. What if her husband had been captured and languished in prison for years while she believed her husband had died. She eventually accepts the situation and moves on, re-marries even, until one day her husband returns. What then?

I have been in situations where I have been upset about something based on my view at the time only to discover I was completely wrong, which changed my inner state to happiness. This is the reality of the world we live in which is a roller-coaster ride of emotions. You experience what you believe to be true, whether it is fact or fiction.

Life is a dream where things come out of nowhere without a cause but we can choose to believe everything has a cause. Since it is all imaginary anyway, what you believe to be true will be created as your truth. If you believe in a law of cause and effect so be it.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that if something can happen out of nothing, if the universe can mould itself to fit one's beliefs and expectations, that there can't be any laws? With laws there are fixed rules that you adhere to in order for such and such to occur; maths is a good example. If the universe can be anything, how can there be any fixed laws?

The way I see it, instead of adding to the conflicting beliefs, why not stick to what I believe to be true: There is No Cause. Thus, no matter what is going on out there, there is no cause.

I may be stuck in a traffic jam and logic dictates there has to be a cause to the traffic. It could be because of an earlier accident, or there are roadworks or faulty traffic lights; but I say there is no cause. I then observe the traffic dissolve into nothing. Naturally, as the universe likes to please everyone, the traffic will re-materialise for those who believe in a cause.

Someone promises to get in contact and he hasn't. Do I drive myself nuts dreaming up reasons why he hasn't got in touch. Forget it. There is no reason why he hasn't contacted me. Everything is perfect. If he does that's fine, if he doesn't that's also fine.

I feel sick all of a sudden. Do I start racking my brain over the cause? What was I thinking before? What is this trying to teach me? Ah, forget it! I say there is no cause and observe the body get back to normal on its own. If I'm looking for a cause, I will receive ideas about possible causes and spend time, however long, trying to understand, learn from and root it out, so I can eventually be healed.

The universe, as I see it, is causeless, therefore, it is not under any laws. It is a realm of "anything goes." Whatever you believe is true and lovely is what you experience. The problem arises when people try to impose their ideas of what is true and lovely on others and expect everyone to share the same beliefs. If you believe that you have to adhere to a certain rule in order to have an experience, the Intelligence will "inspire" someone to create that very rule and you will end up believing and adhering to that rule in order to experience that reality. When you repeat a belief often enough, when many people believe in something often enough, it appears to be true.

The causeless Intelligence contains all possible realities and beliefs. It will give you a universe of cause and effect if that is what you believe. Isn't it possible causelessness is also a belief? Sure, it is a belief. I would rather believe in a reality where all things are possible without any rules, than one where you have to follow rules. What if you don't know the rules and others do? You are basically stuffed!

How can one experience life in a causeless universe? Here's part of the lyrics to A Spoonful of Sugar in my favourite movie of all time, Mary Poppins, which I believe explains it.

In ev'ry job that must be done
There is an element of fun
you find the fun and snap!
The job's a game

And ev'ry task you undertake
Becomes a piece of cake
A lark! A spree!
It's very clear to me

That a...
Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
The medicine go down-wown
The medicine go down
Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
In a most delightful way A Spoonful of Sugar
In other words, you start off knowing that life is only a game and it shouldn't be taken seriously, then you start to play. You decide what game you want to play and observe as the game plays itself.

In the scene where Mary Poppins sings this song she is teaching the kids, she's looking after, how to tidy their bedroom. During the game, the clothes tidy themselves up. This is how I believe we are meant to experience life, as a game. You decide on the intent and let it play itself.

When we make up rules we limit the game. Imagine if Mary Poppins had a rule for how the clothes and toys should behave. They probably would still be lying on the floor. In the causeless realm, all things are possible.

A while back I was helping a friend move a table out of his house. The table was too wide to go through. In thought, I asked for help and the wall moved so the table could slip through. Would this have been possible under the law of cause/effect? You can't expect something that hard to change its shape all of a sudden. You're going to need many people to believe in that possibility for it to happen. That's the limitation of living in a reality of causes.

Just yesterday in the library while I was emailing a friend, I realised my time was fast running out. If I wanted more time I was going to have to ask the librarian. The time was automatically increased without me having to ask, so I had enough time to finish what I was doing. How did this happen? I don't care to speculate, thank you very much.

I have played the game of thinking first and expecting the thought to be made manifest in due course whether by effort or through someone else. I prefer playing new games.

Games where there are no rules.
Games where I expect the unexpected.
Games where all things are possible.

Yeah, I much prefer living in a causeless realm.

I Am,
Enocia

Related articles: It is All Nothing; Healing by Declaring "No Cause"; The Uncaused; In a Causeless Realm; There is No Cause