Vector8 Journals

Friday, May 13, 2005

Spirit in a Bottle versus Supernal Spirit

While in a bookshop yesterday, I heard an announcement for a book launch. The book was written by a member of staff. I go to this bookshop so frequently the staff feel like family. I felt I should support him, besides, they were also offering customers free glasses of wine.

I gulped down a glass of red wine. I'm not much of a drinker and the wine had gone straight to my head. I felt a bit light-headed. Everyone had a wonderful aura around them. The world sure is a beautiful place! I tried to read the blurb to the new novel but I couldn't make head nor tail of it, so I left to catch my bus home.

Fortunately, it was a long bus journey so I had time to get myself back together. It was quite easy really, I simply meditated and returned to normal.

As I walked home from the bus stop I had a thought that the feeling I had after drinking wine was more or less identical to when I am being true to myself as Spirit. Consider the following:

Bottle Spirit: I feel light-headed and unsteady on my legs.
Supernal Spirit: I can't feel my body or my legs, it's as if I'm not there.

Bottle Spirit: I feel a lot of love for everyone and everyone looks friendly.
Supernal Spirit: I love everyone and everyone looks friendly.

Bottle Spirit: I feel really relaxed, all thoughts are dissolved.
Supernal Spirit: I am in complete bliss, all thoughts cease.

Bottle Spirit: I've only had hangover once in my life and I had a headache and was nauseous.
Supernal Spirit: Without Spirit I feel sluggish, unfulfilled, unhappy and depressed.

Wow! Whoever thought up the word "spirit" for an alcoholic beverage knew what he was talking about.

Now, given a choice between spirit in a bottle and supernal Spirit, which do I prefer? Hmmm. Tricky, very tricky. I prefer to stick with supernal Spirit and enjoy the occasional tipple.

Still, I'll check the bookshop's programme for the next book launch. You never know, they might be offering free wine. I can then use that opportunity to prove once and for all whether I prefer spirit in a bottle to supernal Spirit.

{Gormless grin).

Enocia