Vector8 Journals

Saturday, May 21, 2005

What You Love, Loves You Back

I recently read that the actress, Renee Zelwegger, married country music singer, Kenny Chesney on 9 May 2005. According to the article, the singer always considered Renee as her favourite actress and loved her in the movie Jerry Maguire. When Jerry, played by Tom Cruise, returns to be reconciled with his wife Dorothy, played by Renee, Renee tells him, "You had me from 'hello.'" That line apparently inspired Chesney to write a song of the same name.

The movie, Jerry Maguire, was made in 1996. Renee and Chesney finally met up at a Tsunami relief benefit on January 15 of this year where they linked up. For all those years, Chesney has admired Renee from afar and their paths never crossed until this year. This is the power of Love. Time means nothing to Love. What you love will attract it back to you.

Last night I was going to watch an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation. I have seen that episode a few times and felt like watching something else. As I watched the opening sequence, I kept hearing the word: "Jerry. Jerry. Jerry." Why was I thinking of Jerry? Was I thinking of Jerry Goldsmith who wrote the theme to Star Trek The Next Generation and Star Trek Voyager? It didn't make any sense. After a few minutes I decided to check another channel to see what was on. Guess what? They had Jerry Maguire on. The movie had been calling out to me. How cute!

Jerry Maguire is about love. Jerry is a sports agent. One day he wakes to realise he's not happy with the way his company operates. He writes a new manifesto about caring more about clients' needs not just about making money. His enthusiasm is not shared by his colleagues and he ends up getting fired. He is joined by two people: Dorothy, a single mother who works for accounts, who believes in Jerry's manifesto; and a "second-tier" footballer, Rod Tidwell, who agrees to remain his only client. Jerry has to start from scratch. Tidwell believes in the kwan, which means "love, respect, community... and the dollars too. The package. The kwan." Both men are to learn about love. While Tidwell loves his wife and family, he's forgotten what it means to love the game; all he thinks about is money. Jerry has to learn about loving both his client and being open to love in his intimate relationship. By the end of the movie, Tidwell ends up getting not only the adoration he craves from the public but the contract of his dreams; while Jerry ends up being successful both at work and his personal life. What you love, loves you back.

Another example happened a few weeks ago. Recently at a forum I participate in, I posted the lyrics to the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from the The Wizard of Oz. I also had a "chat" with a friend online about Telly Savalas who used to be in the cop series Kojak, and how he used to go round sucking lollipops and saying "who loves ya baby." I mentioned that I loved Telly Savalas in the movie, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure. Well, three weeks later, I watched Kylie Minogue in concert on television. She performed "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." After the concert on another channel was the movie, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure. The next day on an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation, Commander Riker was speaking to an alien. As Riker didn't trust the alien, he told the alien his ship was called "Lollipop." Another demonstration of what you love, loves you back.

I hear people thinking up so many different strategies to manifest what they want. I say the easiest way is to love. Trust in the power of Love to magnetise to you what you love. And remember that Love doesn't work on human time but does what She does in her own way.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37: 4-5)
I trust in the power of Love.

All my love,
Enocia