Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Why It is Important to Have Discipline

The following happened yesterday on a bus in the way to town.

I am resting in silence. From the silence I hear the driver announcing that the bus is being delayed because of some accident. I open my eyes. I notice the world spinning round me. How very odd! Just as well the body is sitting down. Then I notice a loss of sight in one eye signifying a migraine.

I know there is no cause to this so I affirm "no cause" and remain in silence. After a while, I notice sight is back to normal, yet there is a thumping headache on one side. The stomach is churning wanting release, all symptoms of a migraine.

What's strange about the experience is that I am aware that on the one hand, I am completely blissful. On the other hand, I observe the body going through migraine. I know only one is true and it is not the bodily experience. Reminds me of a joke by Tommy Cooper:

"Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. But I think it's Colin." Tommy Cooper Jokes
Throughout the journey I remain in silence. As soon as I arrive home, I sit in silence. Though I can still hear the television and, at one point, my mother gets on the phone, I'm unaffected by the sounds.

My mother said she took some pain killers earlier and felt woozy and couldn't go out. I realised it was her pain the human body had picked up on which was translated as a migraine.

When you are One with all humans, you might be affected by the various thoughts and beliefs out there. This is why it is important for me to have discipline by practising being in silence or working with Sacred Fire. Discipline is a reminder that my identity is Spirit though I may appear to have a body.

As for the thought passing off as a migraine? It was dissolved in the silence.

I am Spirit,
Enocia

Related article: The Consuming Fire