Vector8 Journals

Friday, May 27, 2005

Work Out Your Own Salvation

You have heard about a wonderful park that is filled with beautiful flowers. The park is there for everyone to enjoy. While you can ask someone who has been to the park to describe the park in detail, your experience will only be vicarious. In order to have the experience from your perspective, you're going to have to make the journey.

The spiritual path is very similar. It doesn't matter how many books you've read, or how many teachers you study with, sooner or later you're going to have to experience the truth for yourself.

No matter how much we believe in one Mind, I have come to realise that another's realisation does not make me self-realised. If that were the case there wouldn't be a need for religions or spiritual teachings. There wouldn't be a need to have this experience on earth. Each of us has to work out our own salvation, as Paul puts it.

We are here to explore life to the fullest. While I am grateful for the many who have walked the "path" before me and have left useful road "maps" behind, I know that I have to explore life myself. I have to live the truth out for myself. This is what makes life fun.

Have fun on your journey!

Lots of love,
Enocia