Vector8 Journals

Monday, June 20, 2005

Giving Thanks

"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving." (Psalm 69: 30)
"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalm 106: 1)
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
When we receive gratitude, don't we feel like giving more of ourselves? How often do we remember to give thanks to God, Spirit, Source, the All That Is?

It's easy to thank someone or God for what has already happened as you can see the evidence. How grateful are we for something we've not yet experienced? Giving thanks demonstrates faith in the unseen. When one, however, understands that all good exists in the unseen, gratitude is inevitable. Giving thanks invokes God's powers to manifest what already is.

The scriptures tell us that thanking God magnifies his name. Since God is all in all, this suggests that whatever you thank God for is increased. It is written in the bible that just before Jesus multiplied the five loaves and two fishes which were multiplied to feed over five thousand people, he gave thanks.

Let us give thanks in all we do.

At the start of the day, I thank God for the perfect day. Gratitude is having faith that I expect my day to unfold perfectly.

On my journeys by bus I thank the driver when I get on board. Gratitude is having faith that my bus ride will go smoothly.

Before eating I give thanks to God and the one who has prepared the meal. Gratitude is having faith that the meal is perfect and good.

I also give thanks to God for the ideas flowing through me that I post on this website. Gratitude is having faith that ideas are unfolding effortlessly.

When I pray for any experience I give thanks. Gratitude is having faith that my prayer has been heard and unfolding perfectly.

All my love and gratitude to God and all life.
Enocia