Vector8 Journals

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Why Here and Why Now?

Have you ever wondered why you are drawn to live in certain areas or a particular country? Some people like the climate, the neighbourhood, the culture, the food or it might be because of work opportunities or relationship commitments. I sometimes wonder why I was born in London when my heritage is African.

A few years ago I wanted to live in Australia. At the time, I found London dreary and depressing. If I were to consider living in another country, there are some that will not appeal because of language barriers or ongoing wars.

But wait. What if there were no barriers? What if I had a universal translator like they do in the sci-fi series, Star Trek? No more language barriers. What if all climates were a constant 75 degrees Fahrenheit? What if there were no discriminations based on the colour of one's skin, gender or religion? What if you could do anything you loved? What if your needs were always met? What if the world was at peace? This means you could live everywhere you choose. You would have to have very good reason to want to live in a particular country when everywhere is just as perfect. What if the world is already at peace and everything is already perfect, it's just we can't see it?

Have you ever gone to a park and observed the trees and flowers? Have you ever wondered why some trees were selected for some areas and not others? Imagine how much planning goes into such a project. What about the planning that goes on in cities for roads and where to build houses. If humans can put so much planning in parks and cities, imagine how much planning goes into life.

By the way, I don't buy the idea of reincarnation i.e. that one is on earth to learn lessons and to grow spiritually. I believe there is only the Omniscient One having life in all. From the perspective of the One Life, everywhere is perfect. Everywhere is fair game. Thus, there is a very good reason why I am on this planet right now, as opposed to the infinite universes. There is a perfect plan for my life. God has planned my life to the finest detail. Jesus puts it this way:

"Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." (Luke 12: 6-7)
God is aware of everything that goes on in our lives because God is life. Every action has a purpose. When you view your life as human or a little speck in the universe, you see life as random and without meaning. But when life is viewed from Oneness, every action counts.

Yesterday after I came from the library, I waited for my bus. It seemed to take ages for my bus to arrive. A woman in her car stopped in front of the bus stop. She beckoned me over and asked me where the library was. She said she'd been driving up and down the road and couldn't find it. I told her I'd just come from the library and pointed her in the direction.

Later I went to browse in a bookshop. I don't often go to that bookshop and I decided to stop off before going home. A man sat beside me with Deepak Chopra's book, The Way of the Wizard. I asked him whether he was a fan. He said he'd read several of his books. Then we discussed spirituality. He shared some of his experiences and realisations. He talked about some charity projects he's involved in which I was very interested in. I knew that meeting had been planned by the One Life.

On the bus on my way home, a man got on and sat beside me. I didn't feel like getting into a conversation so I stared out of the window, but he said hello. His speech sounded slurred as if he was drunk. He asked me if I'd ever been to Barbados, where the singer, Eddy Grant comes from. I said I hadn't. He said he knew someone who played drums on his song "I don't wanna dance." I knew the song and sang part of it to him. He said he was a musician and that it was hard work and you have to practise. Then he mentioned the historian, Josephus, who wrote about Jesus. My friend said Josephus' testimony of Jesus confirms his Bible is true. He talked about Jesus being the way, the truth and the life. Just before he got off the bus he stared straight into my eyes and said, "We must all do our part to bring the Kingdom of God on earth," then he staggered out of the bus. Could I have planned such a meeting? I think not.

I know there is one Life and this Life has brought me on Earth right now for a particular purpose. Just because I'm here doesn't mean my work is solely for humanity. I am a representative of the Light, working for all Life. I am also aware that the one Life has prepared people for me to meet along the way, all part of the unfolding of my purpose.

There is a purpose to my life. I trust in the process called Life.

Love and Light,
Enocia